Friday 11 March 2011

Black River

Tired of living in the dust
Craving a heart pounding so red
I opened my wings in hope of
Discovering a new silent bed

Searching the jungles and mountains
No where I could choose to stay
But suddenly I found the slopes
Falling so cold and so grey

Wondered and amazed I landed
Near the basin of a black stream
The river gave me strange feelings
That I wanted to deeply scream

I took a walk along the river
Through the cold and nightly day
Everything was so dark in that part
It was not easy to find my way

I found the well high in a slope
A small hole shaped like a cave
I entered but I found the place
Because of the darkness like a grave

Slowly something appeared when
From my wing I ignited a feather
Someone was crying constantly
Tears fell one after another

I ignited another one and then
I felt so sad by what I saw
There was a woman covered in wings
With blind eyes so black so raw

She gazed upon me for a moment
My tears started to fall
Feeling so numb and so dead
Knowing that she is the nightfall

I asked for the cause and she said
It’ s a curse made by humankind
They hurt me with bitter poison
The cure I can never find

I tried to show them what is right
But they never wanted to know
Their wish was that they could be free
Finally I left them to go

My heart did break with their wish
My eyes poisoned by their hands
I slowly entered the night realm
And from happiness I am banned

I was left alone a long time ago
To believe in sadness so deep
For the doomed humankind at night
Forever with blind eyes I weep

No comments:

Post a Comment